In the example, below, there is a tie at the end of the bar before the first ending. Therefore, there should also be a tie leading to the note in the second ending.
There are a couple of ways to address this. One is to do it manually. The other is to use the plug-in. The option I use most often is via the symbols menu:
- Select the whole note in the first bar of the second ending.
- Press the letter Z to open the Symbols menu.
- Click “More Options” as I find it easier to navigate this view.
- Go to Notes and choose either the above or below tie. In this case the below tie.
- Drag it as needed.
The other option is to install the plug-in Ties into Second Ending.
- To install the plug-in, open a score in Sibelius and choose File > Plug-ins > Install Plug-ins.
- Choose Notes and Rests and select “Ties into Second Endings”.
- Install the plug-in.
- To add the ties enter the notation in the second ending. Select the second ending and run the plug-in.
Hi! Great info on your blog 🙂
I came across a weird problem in Sibelius for which I can’t find a solution on the forum. I have a section between repeat bars with 1st and 2nd endings, and the finale note has a tie. Instead of leading to the first note of the section, Sibelius extends the tie to the 2nd ending, which makes no sense. Do you have an idea of what might be wrong here?
I’ll send you an email. Please attach the Sibelius file and I’ll give it a look.
Thanks for the Ties into second ending plug-in, and for you blog. Whenever I try to use your plug-in in a certain score, Sibelius crashes. In other scores it works fine.
I’m not sure what the issue is with the plug-in. Perhaps try reinstalling it. Also, check to be sure you have the latest build of Sibelius. http://www.sibelius.com/download/plugins/index.html?plugin=567
Sorry for the echo posting. My Sibelius version is Ultimate 2018.7 build 2009. I know it’s not the newest, but it is what my music school have paid for. I’ve installed the plug-in through Sibelius. I can send the .sib-file if it make a difference?
Go to Preferences > Check for updates and be sure you have the latest build.
If you still have issues with the plug-in, I would contact Sibelius tech support. https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support#Sibelius